David Trubridge Nikau Pendant Light
Nīkau is the only indigenous palm tree in New Zealand (named by NZ Māori) and is greatly admired for its strength and beauty. The fronds from the palm were traditionally used for thatching and weaving. The design came after David took a walk into a secluded section of New Zealand bush. David sought to create a light that was solid at each end, but grew into an open bulbous section; just like the form of a Nīkau palm. Nīkau could be a great light for the corner of a room, a foyer space, or a stairwell. In 2015, Nīkau won a Red Dot Design Award for lighting design.
- Shipped in environmentally friendly packaging.
- Easy assembly at home via PDF or online video.
- One size.
- 13 Standard colour options (custom colours on request).
- Comes with suspension wire (if size is applicable), cord and bulb holder (and ceiling canopy for North American orders).
- E26/E27 lamp/bulb required.
- Intended for dry interior spaces.
Material – Eco Friendly Sustainable Bamboo Plywood (Sourced from FSC accredited factory); FSC certification ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits.
- Natural Finish
- Caramel Finish – Caramel bamboo starts out as natural and is carbonized using steam to caramelize the natural sugars which darken the bamboo. This process creates a different look without using chemicals
- White 2 Sides
- White 1 Side
- Black 2 Sides
- Black Outside with Natural Finish Inside
- Black Inside with Natural Finish Outside
Size Options / Rate
Width: 405 mm (16”)
Height: 1615 mm (64”)
Depth: 405 mm (16”)
Weight: 1.4 kg (3.1 lb)
- Rs. 24,000 for Natural and Caramel; Rs. 30,000 for Painted 1 Side; Rs. 35,500 for Painted 2 Sides (Excl. Taxes)
Lamp – LED Lamps need to be purchased separately
Care Instructions – All wooden and/or poly-carbonate lights are intended for use in dry interior conditions only and can be cleaned with a soft cloth dampened slightly in warm soapy water when the light is switched off. Do not use detergents.